WBHA 2014 FIELD TRIAL POINTS EVENT SCHEDULE
|April 26, 2014||Lavalle Sportsmens Club||John Shaker 608-464-3271
Tim Novy Cell 608-963-8322
|May 03, 2014||Claws & Paws Bear Field Trial||Jerry Luke 608-847-5411
Danny Phillips 608-489-2312
|May 10, 2014||South Central Field Trial Association||Jeff Ingraham 608-847-5147
John Reichling 608-776-2558
|May 17, 2014||Soggy Bottom Houndsmen||Rick Nelson 715-255-9149
|May 24, 2014||Timber Houndsmen||Nicholas Reichling 608-482-2965
Lucas Cina 608-606-5596
|May 31, 2014||Little Wolf River Houndsmen Club||Bob Lee 715-824-3284
|May 11, 2015||WBHA Benefit||Jeff Ingraham 608-847-5147
Cory Hermanson 608-732-4483
WBHA FIELD TRIAL RULES AND STANDARDS
- Club hosting the event must be a member of the Wisconsin Bear Hunters Association.
- Events must be scheduled before July 1st to allow all members the opportunity to enjoy the full
- Clubs will supply qualified judges and colored collars to identify dogs as needed.
- Events must be listed for points in the event schedule in the WBHA publications not the website.
(Excluding Benefit Field Trials approved by Field Trial Committee).
- Results from field trial and remittance for trophy fund must be sent in within 15 days from date of
- Owner/handler must be member of WBHA before start of event to receive points for WBHA
trophies. Memberships will be available on the grounds.
- Judges decision is final. Arguments will result in dog and owner/handler being scratched
- Dogs will be scratched for fighting during their heats. Incidental contact will be permitted.
Dogs scratched for fighting will be scratched all day. Dogs disqualified will be allowed to
re-enter consolation or pot races.
- Dogs scratched 3 times in one year are out for a calendar year from the date of the 3rd scratch.
- No muzzles allowed.
- Full hounds only (Monitored by Host Clubs Field Trial Director). Refer to the UKC Hound
- Males and females must run separately, however, the same track shall be used all day. No
running of females in heat.
- Checking your dog at start line will be allowed for a maximum of 3 seconds by discretion of
starting line judge. Dogs starting early will be disqualified.
- There shall be a designated start line, finish line and 15 foot radius circle line at tree.
[This can be paint, lime, rope or any other suitable item].
- Dogs will be handled after all trees are declared or 3 minutes after the first dog crosses the
finish line. (Handlers are to have visual contact of finish line).
- Dogs will be allowed a maximum of 5 minutes after they are released to cross the finish line. Dogs must cross finish line before reaching the tree or they will be disqualified.
- It is the responsibility of the host club to notify the field trial committee that day of any dogs
scratched so that any corrective action can be taken prior to next field trial event.
- It is the host clubs discretion as to what the awards will be.
- No rerunning of heats after one heat comes through.
- Corrective action with E-collars will be allowed.
- No warming up of dogs at home tree prior to event that day.
- No physical abuse of dogs while at an event.
Revised June 12, 2011